Ermita de San Sebastian.

The San Sebastián Chapel was built in 1899 and is dedicated to the town’s patron saint. The chapel is situated on top of a small hill at the entrance to Alfacar, surrounded by the village cemetery. It is located in a prime location with a panoramic view of the town.

Inside it houses a statue of San Sebastián, the patron saint of Alfacar. Every 20th January, the statue is carried in procession through the streets of the town.

On the floor, at the foot of the patron saint, is the tomb of Eduardo Yañez Marín, parish priest of the Iglesia Parroquial de la Asunción until 1974.

In 1994, this chapel underwent various restoration and maintenance work sponsored by the Alfacar Town Council, the brothers of the different brotherhoods that exist in the parish and the Alfacar-born artist, Francisco Javier Marín Marín, who painted the mural on the chapel’s altar.

Ermita de las Canteras.

Ermita de Fuente Grande.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window